Welcome, first-time visitor! Since this is your first time here -- or you've been here before but want to know more about what's available at this website -- we've included on this page a brief discussion of who we are and some of our main sections.
This web site is produced by JLCom Publishing Co., LLC, publishers of the highly respected Reference Service, Advertising Compliance Service. This Newsletter/Reference Service was in continuous publication from September 1981 through December 2015.
- Advertising Law Topics
- Advertising Law Newsletter
- Advertising Law & Tobacco
- Advertising Law & Consumers: Information
- Advertising Law & Consumers: Resources
- Main Page
- Auto Loans
- Hearing Aids
- Indoor Tanning
- Made in the USA Claims
- Advertising Law News Briefs
- Advertising On the Web
You should also check out our Calendar of Events to see what upcoming conferences, seminars and other events are on tap.
Consumer resources abound at this website as do advertiser resources. Here's a listing of some of the guides, consumer alerts, business alerts and other publications from FTC reproduced at this site:
- Eye Care,
- Car Ads/Loans,
- Hearing Aids,
- Indoor Tanning
While you're here, check out our Hot Links section. Find out how costly alleged advertising law violations have been for advertisers.
Discover what the Federal Trade Commission--
- Had in store for the media;
- Had in mind as the Rules of the Road for Internet advertisers and marketers;
- Thought was right for junk e-mail.
You can order important books involving advertising law as well as our FTC Booklet.
Thank you for visiting our website.
© Copyright 1999-2013 JLCom Publishing Co., L.L.C. All rights reserved.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Materials included in this Website are intended for general information purposes only and are not intended to provide - and do not constitute - legal or other advice. Persons who need legal or other services should contact a duly licensed professional. Inclusion of links on this Website are to Websites that are maintained by third parties over whom JLCom Publishing Co., LLC has no control. Such links do not imply endorsement of the material that is contained therein. JLCom Publishing Co., LLC makes no claims, representations, or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, or appropriateness of these Web Sites or the information these websites contain. Read this disclaimer and our privacy statement before using this site.
Advertising Law-Related Articles
- "12 Key Advertising-Related Laws You Should Know"
- This article examines 12 key advertising-related laws that you should know about before you review your ads to make sure your ads don't run afoul of these laws.
- "10 Things to Do So Your Ads Comply With Advertising Laws"
- This article discusses 10 key areas you should look at when you're reviewing your advertising to determine whether it's in compliance with advertising law's many requirements.
- "10 Tactics to Use So Your Ads Comply with Advertising Laws"
- This article presents 10 tactics you could use to help your ads comply with the many laws, rules, regulations and guidelines that may affect your advertisements.
- "10 Major Advertising Law-Related Concepts"
- This article is a useful review of 10 key areas you should look at when you're reviewing your advertising to determine whether it's in compliance with the numerous laws, rules, regulations and guidelines that may affect your ads.