Advertising Compliance Service
FTC's Final Guides re Endorsements and Testimonials
This web page contains the full text of FTC's Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising, effective December 1, 2009. It also contains many articles and blog posts that examine these important Guides as well as the Twitter search widget that tells you what's being said about various advertising law-related topics on Twitter, including the Federal Trade Commission.FTC's Final Guides re Endorsements and Testimonials
Articles, Blog Posts Discussing
FTC's Endorsement Guides
- Social Studies: Applying the FTC’s Revised Endorsement Guides in New Marketing Media . Article by Lesley Fair, a well-known attorney with FTC’s Bureau of Consumer Protection..
- FTC Publishes Final Guides Governing Endorsements, Testimonials . FTC Release, 10/05/2009.
- FTC's New Rules for Bloggers: A Quick Guide. PC World.
- FTC Bans Secret Swag Given to Bloggers & Celebrities for Testimonials. ABA Journal.
- FTC Cracks Down on Bloggers Who Take Perks (Take Two). BNET.
- FTC's new guidelines "takes the freedom of speech debate over the Web to a new level". Dow Jones Market Talk.
- Social Media Endorsement: FTC Tightening Controls. Blog Post.
- FTC Orders More Disclosure in Consumer Testimonials, Celebrity Endorsements. Law.com.
- US bloggers must disclose commercial interests. Furlong PR.
- FTC Advertising Regulations now extend to Facebook, Twitter. Twin Cities Tech Corner.
- What does the FTC ruling mean for you as a blogger?. An attorney's opinion after reading the doc.
- FTC Warns Bloggers on 'Reviewing' Freebies. Newser.
- Follow up to story on FTC regulation of blogs - one commentator worries about impact on publishing industry. Law Librariamn Blog.
- The Federal Trade Commission Goes After Bloggers, Spares Journos Who Do the Same Thing!. Washington City Paper.
- FTC adopts new regulations for bloggers as social media booms. Breaking Tweets.
- The FTC's new rules tilt against bloggers. BusinessWeek.
- FTC Says Bloggers Must Disclose or Face Stiff Penalties. Blog Post.
- FTC States Bloggers Must Disclose Paid Reviews. Slashdot.
- FTC to Fine Bloggers up to $11,000 for Not Disclosing Payments. Mashable.
- FTC Says Bloggers Must Disclose Payments. WSJ.com - Subscription req'd for full article.
- Product Bloggers Must Disclose. Blog Post.
- Why new FTC guidelines will probably "change the way a few Chicago radio personalities go about their business". Blog Post.
- I'm not above taking freebies--and I'd be glad to disclose them. Blog Post.
Advertising Law-Related Articles
- "12 Key Advertising-Related Laws You Should Know"
- This article examines 12 key advertising-related laws that you should know about before you review your ads to make sure your ads don't run afoul of these laws.
- "10 Things to Do So Your Ads Comply With Advertising Laws"
- This article discusses 10 key areas you should look at when you're reviewing your advertising to determine whether it's in compliance with advertising law's many requirements.
- "10 Tactics to Use So Your Ads Comply with Advertising Laws"
- This article presents 10 tactics you could use to help your ads comply with the many laws, rules, regulations and guidelines that may affect your advertisements.
- "10 Major Advertising Law-Related Concepts"
- This article is a useful review of 10 key areas you should look at when you're reviewing your advertising to determine whether it's in compliance with the numerous laws, rules, regulations and guidelines that may affect your ads.