Top 10 Advertising Compliance List:
Are You Aware of Advertising Law Developments on the Internet and Other New Media?
Do you advertise on the Internet or any of the other new media? Are you a large advertiser making a broadcast network buy? No matter where you advertise, there are many steps that you should take first--before you create that ad or place that media buy. And, of course, you should consult with a legal professional before you begin any advertising campaign. This article is a useful review of 10 key areas you ought to consider when you're reviewing your advertising to make sure it complies with the numerous laws, rules, regulations and guidelines that may affect your ads.
Item #7. Are You Aware of Advertising Law Developments on Such New Media as the Internet?
You should be aware of all of the major developments on the Internet as these will clearly have an impact on the way you advertise on this vital medium. Perhaps the greatest change in recent years is the advent of Web 2.0. This phrase, Web 2.0, was coined by O'Reilly Media in 2003 and, according to Wikipedia, was "popularized by the first Web 2.0 conference in 2004 * * * and refers to a perceived second generation of web-based communities and hosted services — such as social-networking sites, wikis and folksonomies — which facilitate collaboration and sharing between users." See Wikipedia definition of Web 2.0.
There are speed traps aplenty on the Internet--both in Web 1.0 and Web 2.0--which have been discussed at length in Advertising Compliance Service. Examples:
- Global Legal Exposure for Advertisers
- Privacy Issues
- Wholesale Governmental Crackdown on Advertising in Cyberspace
- Mounting Federal and State Regulation of Cyberspace Ads
Advertising Law-Related Articles
- "12 Key Advertising-Related Laws You Should Know"
- This article examines 12 key advertising-related laws that you should know about before you review your ads to make sure your ads don't run afoul of these laws.
- "10 Things to Do So Your Ads Comply With Advertising Laws"
- This article discusses 10 key areas you should look at when you're reviewing your advertising to determine whether it's in compliance with advertising law's many requirements.
- "10 Tactics to Use So Your Ads Comply with Advertising Laws"
- This article presents 10 tactics you could use to help your ads comply with the many laws, rules, regulations and guidelines that may affect your advertisements.
- "10 Major Advertising Law-Related Concepts"
- This article is a useful review of 10 key areas you should look at when you're reviewing your advertising to determine whether it's in compliance with the numerous laws, rules, regulations and guidelines that may affect your ads.