Advertising Compliance Service Welcomes Liisa M. Thomas As a New Member of Our Editorial Advisory Board
Roxbury, NJ, 9/21/09 - Advertising Compliance Service would like to welcome Liisa M. Thomas, Partner, Winston & Strawn, LLP, as a new member of our Editorial Advisory Board. Liisa is a partner in Winston & Strawn's advertising group with a particular emphasis on privacy and direct-to-consumer communication laws. She is an adjunct professor at John Marshall Law School, teaching courses on international privacy law, is co-chair of the American Bar Association Intellectual Property Section Committee on Promotions and Marketing Law, and is an active member of the International Trademark Association. Liisa has written many articles for Advertising Compliance Service, including her insightful four-part series on interactive advertising. She is a prolific writer and popular speaker and panelist at many legal and advertising industry events and conferences across the U.S. Liisa also serves as editorial board chair and editor in chief of the ABA Intellectual Property Law Section's Annual Review.
One of the leading advertising law practitioners in the nation, Liisa:
- is listed in Madison Who's Who;
- was featured in Crain's Chicago Business;
- is secretary of the board of Illinois Legal Aid Online;
- is a member of the Diversity Committee and the Hiring Committee at Winston & Strawn.
Included on the extensive list of Ms. Thomas' publications are:
- "The Role of Disclaimers in Avoiding Trademark Infringement," co-author, INTA Bulletin (March 2009)
- "When Are Slogans Trademarks, and Who Owns Them?" INTA Bulletin, Vol. 63, No. 14, p. 7 (Aug. 1, 2008)
- "Responsible Interactive Advertising and Children: Understanding and Complying With COPPA and the CARU Guidelines," The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel (January 2007)
- "Privacy Lessons Learned in 2006," PMA Law Conference 2006 Law Forms and Guide, Promotions Marketing Association (December 2006)
- How to Comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act and Avoid Penalties, Aspatore Inc. and Research and Markets (May 2006 [released October 5, 2006])
- "Avoiding Identity Crisis," Marketing Management, Vol. 13, No. 3. American Marketing Association (May/June 2004)
- "How CAN-SPAM Will Impact Us This Year," Privacy Officers Advisor, Vol. 4, No. 5 International Association of Privacy Professionals (February 2004)
"Advertising Compliance Service provides its subscribers authoritative and important information in those areas important to every attorney who advises clients on advertising and marketing legal issues. And ACS has been doing so consistently for nearly 28 years." So said John Lichtenberger, Advertising Compliance Servicee's Publisher and Editor in Chief. "Accordingly, we are extremely pleased that Liisa agreed to become the latest member of our Editorial Advisory Board."
Ms. Thomas joins these outstanding current members of Advertising Compliance Service's Editorial Advisory Board, who are among the top attorneys in advertising law today:
- Stephen R. Bergerson, chairs the Advertising, Marketing and Trademark Law Group at Fredrikson & Byron, P.A.
- David S. Versfelt, Partner, K&L Gates
- Jeffrey S. Edelstein, Partner, Advertising, Marketing & Media, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Bruce P. Keller, Partner, supervises the Intellectual Property Litigation Group for Debevoise & Plimpton
- Andrea C. Levine, Vice President & Director, National Advertising Division, Council of Better Business Bureaus
- Steven A. Zalesin, Chair of 100-lawyer Litigation Department and Deputy Managing Partner at Patterson, Belknap, Webb & Tyler LLP
- Clark Rector, Executive Vice President - Government Affairs, American Advertising Federation
- Rick Kurnit, Partner, Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz, PC
For additional information about Advertising Compliance Service, visit:Internet: www.lawpublish.com;
Facebook: www.facebook.com/AdvertisingLaw Twitter: twitter.com/AdvertisingLaw;
Note: This online business press release is one example of our growing archive of press releases concerning news about JLCom Publishing Co., LLC and Advertising Compliance Service and is available for distribution in other formats to the media.
More Information Below
Advertising Law-Related Articles
"10 Tactics to Use So Your Ads Comply with Advertising Laws"
"10 Major Advertising Law-Related Concepts"
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Materials included in this Web Site are intended for general information purposes only and are not intended to provide, and do not constitute, legal or other advice. Persons who need legal or other services should contact a duly licensed professional. Inclusion of links on this Website are to Websites that are maintained by third parties over whom JLCom Publishing Co., LLC has no control. Such links do not imply endorsement of the material contained therein. JLCom Publishing Co., LLC makes no claims, representations, or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, or appropriateness of these Web sites or the information these websites contain. Read this disclaimer and our privacy statement before using this site.