Advertising Compliance Service Welcomes Rick Kurnit As New Member of Our Editorial Advisory Board
Roxbury, NJ, 6/6/09 - Advertising Compliance Service would like to welcome Rick Kurnit, Partner, Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz, PC, as a new member of our Editorial Advisory Board. Rick has 30 years experience in the advertising and marketing services and publishing industries, representing advertisers, advertising agencies, public relations, promotion, and publishing companies. An extensively published author, Rick has handled many of the leading cases defining the application of intellectual property law to advertising and marketing communications. Rick has also handled many Lanham Act and comparative advertising cases. He serves as special advertising counsel for many leading advertisers. He also teaches advertising and intellectual property law and lectures regularly for the American Association of Advertising Agencies, the Promotion Marketing Association, the Association of National Advertisers, and the American Law Institute/American Bar Association.
One of the foremost advertising law practitioners in the nation, Rick has been selected by:
- Best Lawyers in America in both Advertising Law and Media Law;
- Chambers USA as one of America's foremost lawyers in Media and Entertainment: Advertising;
- Legal 500 as one of the leading lawyers in marketing and advertising; and
- Law and Politics magazine as one of New York's "Super Lawyers" in First Amendment, Media, Advertising, and Intellectual Property.
Rick's published works include:
- The Advertising Law chapter in Corporate Legal Departments (2008);
- The Legal Side of the Creative Process a chapter in Advertising and Marketing Law (2005);
- "Restricting Speech on the Internet," a panel discussion, 8 Fordham Intel. Prop. Media L. J. 395 (1998);
- "Liability Online," 1 Journal of Internet Law 15 (1998);
- "Right of Publicity in the Year 2020," a symposium, 20 Columbia-VLA Journal of Law and Arts 1 (1995); and
- "The Forgotten Half of the Fairness Doctrine," 10 Harv. Civ. Rts. - Civ. Lib. L. Rev. 130 (1975).
"Advertising Compliance Service provides its subscribers authoritative and important information in those areas important to every attorney who advises clients on advertising and marketing legal issues. And ACS has been doing so consistently for nearly 28 years." So said John Lichtenberger, Advertising Compliance Servicee's Publisher and Editor in Chief. "Accordingly, we are extremely pleased that Rick agreed to become the latest member of our Editorial Advisory Board."
Mr. Kurnit joins these outstanding current members of Advertising Compliance Service's Editorial Advisory Board, who are among the top attorneys in advertising law today:
- Stephen R. Bergerson, chairs the Advertising, Marketing and Trademark Law Group at Fredrikson & Byron, P.A.
- David S. Versfelt, Partner, K&L Gates
- Jeffrey S. Edelstein, Partner, Advertising, Marketing & Media, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Bruce P. Keller, Partner, supervises the Intellectual Property Litigation Group for Debevoise & Plimpton
- Andrea C. Levine, Vice President & Director, National Advertising Division, Council of Better Business Bureaus
- Steven A. Zalesin, Chair of 100-lawyer Litigation Department and Deputy Managing Partner at Patterson, Belknap, Webb & Tyler LLP
- Clark Rector, Executive Vice President - Government Affairs, American Advertising Federation
- Rick Kurnit, Partner, Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz, PC
For additional information about Advertising Compliance Service, visit:Internet: www.lawpublish.com;
Facebook: www.facebook.com/AdvertisingLaw Twitter: twitter.com/AdvertisingLaw;
Note: This online business press release is one example of our growing archive of press releases concerning news about JLCom Publishing Co., LLC and Advertising Compliance Service and is available for distribution in other formats to the media.
More Information Below
Advertising Law-Related Articles
"10 Tactics to Use So Your Ads Comply with Advertising Laws"
"10 Major Advertising Law-Related Concepts"
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Materials included in this Web Site are intended for general information purposes only and are not intended to provide, and do not constitute, legal or other advice. Persons who need legal or other services should contact a duly licensed professional. Inclusion of links on this Website are to Websites that are maintained by third parties over whom JLCom Publishing Co., LLC has no control. Such links do not imply endorsement of the material contained therein. JLCom Publishing Co., LLC makes no claims, representations, or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, or appropriateness of these Web sites or the information these websites contain. Read this disclaimer and our privacy statement before using this site.