Government v. Tobacco
Additional Links to Resources
Tobacco Litigation, Lawsuits and Advertising Laws
Welcome to the Government v. Tobacco section of JLCom Publishing Co.'s web site. This section contains links to tobacco litigation articles, information, resources and websites. Included are links to governmental and non-governmental information and resources and legal issues concerning tobacco litigation, tobacco lawsuits, children and tobacco, and more. These links will lead you to information about--
- tobacco litigation,
- class action tobacco litigation,
- news, resources, documents involving cigarettes and tobacco,
- tobacco/cigarette cases in the United States,
- federal government litigation against tobacco companies,
- international tobacco cases,
- restricting tobacco ads to children, young people and/or minors,
- television and radio advertising of tobacco and smokeless tobacco
- ... and much more.
- Link #1:
At this website, you will find press releases, backgrounders and a wealth of other relevant information pertaining to tobacco litigation in the United States plus some international cases as well;
- Link #2:
Case Documentation for Federal Government Litigation against Tobacco Companies
Select case documentation for U.S. Department of Justice's (Civil Division) litigation against tobacco companies;
- Link #3:
News, documents and web sites are listed here by Findlaw;
- Link #4:
Tobacco Litigation Resources
Chronicling high cost of the legal system;
- Link #5:
Tobacco Advertising Law Resources
Wealth of resources and additional links on tobacco advertising law and tobacco lawsuits;
- Link #6:
Wikipedia Article - Tobacco politics;
- Link #7:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Tobacco Information and Prevention Source;
- Link #8:
Wikipedia Article - Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement;
- Link #9:
Tobacco Institute Document Site ;
- Link #10:
2006 Surgeon General's Report—The Health Consequences of Involuntary Exposure to Tobacco Smoke;
- Link #11:
Tobacco Advertising Case Law
Wealth of historical information on the law concerning cigarette advertising;
- Link #12:
Tobacco Control Archives;
- Link #13:
Action on Smoking and Health;
- Link #14:
Foundation for a Smoke-Free Environment;
- Link #15:
Lorillard Tobacco Company ;
- Link #16:
Additional links on tobacco advertising law and tobacco litigation.
- "12 Key Advertising-Related Laws You Should Know"
- This article examines 12 key advertising-related laws that you should know about before you review your ads to make sure your ads don't run afoul of these laws.
- "10 Things to Do So Your Ads Comply With Advertising Laws"
- This article discusses 10 key areas you should look at when you're reviewing your advertising to determine whether it's in compliance with advertising law's many requirements.
- "10 Tactics to Use So Your Ads Comply with Advertising Laws"
- This article presents 10 tactics you could use to help your ads comply with the many laws, rules, regulations and guidelines that may affect your advertisements.
- "10 Major Advertising Law-Related Concepts"
- This article is a useful review of 10 key areas you should look at when you're reviewing your advertising to determine whether it's in compliance with the numerous laws, rules, regulations and guidelines that may affect your ads.
More Information Below