Mortgage and Refinance Resources
This web page lists a variety of resources, articles and links involving mortgages and refinance to help you navigate these difficult areas.
Mortgages, Refinances: Cases and Articles
- Mortgage Brokers Benefited from Spammer Actions: Two cases that were examined in previous issues of Advertising Compliance Service. They involved mortgage brokers who benefited from "spammer" actions and a Department of Justice (DOJ) Complaint that a mortgage services company violated FTC's Telemarketing Sales Rule (TSR) while marketing mortgage products and services.
- Mortgage Loan Advertised Was Really Adjustable Rate Mortgage. Full text of "FTC: Mortgage Broker’s Deceptive Claims Tricked Consumers Looking for a Good Rate," dated June 2, 2004. This FTC case involved issues concerning refinancing (i.e., loan refinance) and false advertising.
- Home Mortgage Refinance Services: Full text of FTC News Releases, "Colorado Mortgage Broker Barred from Making Deceptive Claims," dated March 28, 2005.
- Home Mortgage Refinance Services: Article adapted from an article appearing in Issue #568 of Advertising Compliance ServiceÔ at Tab #2, General Articles, Article #512 as part of the "Washington Roundup: A Review of Ad Actions Involving FTC."
- Home Mortgage Company: Lawsuit Against Home Mortgage Company, Residential Refinancing Transaction, Operation Advertised 3.95% 30 Year Mortgages - Articles.
- Home Loans, Mortgage Loans, Refinance: Variety of Online Resources and Links.
- Lending Practices Case Involved Home Loan Advertising: An advertising law-related news brief.
- Telemarketer Selling Mortgage Loans, Refinancing and Other Products; "Spam Merchants" Who Allegedly Sent E-Mails Hawking Mortgage Opportunities.
Mortgage & Refinance-Related Web Sites
You are likely to confront many borrowing pitfalls when you begin to search the Internet for home loans, loan refinance information, or the best mortgage loans available. The following web sites contain a great deal of information that can help you shop for a mortgage, avoid home equity scams, obtain information on reverse mortgages, and more: